The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) Southcoast Region is recruiting for an Information Officer III to join our team in Juneau and help us Keep Alaska Moving!
- Manage and coordinate the Department of Transportation’s (DOT&PF) Southcoast Region and the Alaska Marine Highway System (AMHS) communications, including media relations, public outreach, social media and public relations;
- Respond to legislative requests for information, and coordinate with the department’s legislative liaison;
- Communicate with legislators, local governments, media, state agencies, and members of the public on regional and statewide issues;
- Advise management team on ongoing public relations issues;
- Act as single point of contact as needed for external affair;
- Work with public and private agencies, local governments, organizations, public officials, client groups, and the general public to promote an understanding of Southcoast Region, AMHS and DOT&PF functions and services;
- Provide support to the Preconstruction, Construction, and field Planning section in all capital project communications which includes public meetings and hearings related to the delivery of the capital program;
- Distribute information proactively to the public through the news media, social media, websites, emails and other external facing platforms as appropriate;
- Manage and execute the Southcoast Navigator program to support public notification of construction activities.
Note: Read full details on employment opportunities posted on the originating agency sites. All job postings at NIOA.org are provided as a courtesy to members and site visitors. NIOA is not responsible for misinformation that may be provided. NIOA does not remove past blog posts; it is the reader’s responsibility to be aware of date limitations.