PIO – State of Utah Labor Commission
Are you interested in playing a role in protecting the health, safety, and economic well-being of employees and employers in the State of Utah? The State of Utah Labor Commission is looking for an experienced Public Information Officer (PIO). You will manage the public relations activities, Workplace Safety Grant Program, and report directly to the Commissioner.
This position is responsible for two major roles within the Commission, the PIO responsibilities and the Workplace Safety Grant Program responsibilities. The PIO duties are as follows:
- Assisting in the formulation of media strategy and policy.
- Disseminating information which may have an impact on agency, public and/or governmental relations.
- Researching and answering inquiries and complaints, as well as resolving public information issues.
- Interacting with the public, media, political entities, and/or governmental organizations.
- Serving on boards, councils, committees, or task forces.
- Representing agency at formal and informal meetings and public hearings.
- Assisting agency with legislative requirements and issues.