Public Information Officer
The Public Information Officer is responsible for planning and implementing the strategic direction for the Jefferson County Public Information Department and communicating a cohesive message to the public.
Through strategic initiatives, the Public Information Officer is responsible for developing, managing, and disseminating communications for Jefferson County.
This includes tasks related to formulating and implementing a strategic communications plan for the County, generating and conveying internal and external communications via multiple mediums (e.g., press releases, internal memos, County-wide webpage, social media), building and maintaining relationships with the community and the media, coordinating with County leadership to ensure all communications are consistent, leading public information staff in supplying information and relevant services to County employees and the public, and staying abreast of current trends and developments in public affairs.
The Public Information Officer formulates and executes a broad range of policies, establishes short- and long-term financial plans, works collaboratively with parties internally and externally, establishes management practices and processes that ensure the accomplishment of performance standards, and provides technical supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communication, advertising, or related field
- Held role with progressive experience managing internal and external communications for an organization with a diverse set of functions
- Experience designing and implementing a comprehensive public relations strategic plan
- Experience creating print (e.g., press releases) and online (e.g., organization webpage, social media) content for an organization
- Experience working with and developing relationships with media agencies and/or community groups
- Experience responding to requests for information from the media, the public, and/or other external agencies
Preferred Experience and Background
- Advanced degree (e.g., master’s) in journalism, public relations, marketing, communication, advertising, or related field
- Accreditation from an association related to internal and/or external affairs (e.g., International Association of Business Communicators, Public Relations Society of America)
For job details and to apply, visit JobsQuest.org
Note: Read full details on employment opportunities posted on the originating agency sites. All job postings at NIOA.org are provided as a courtesy to members and site visitors. NIOA is not responsible for misinformation that may be provided. NIOA does not remove past blog posts; it is the reader’s responsibility to be aware of date limitations.