After serving the NIOA as a Regional Director for seven years, Steve Davis is stepping down as he is retiring as PIO of the Lakewood (CO) Police Department.
As a result, we are seeking candidates for the Region 8 Director. The job responsibilities of the Regional Director include the following:
- Serve as a representative of the National Information Officers Association for their specific region.
- Monitor the membership status of their region. Pursue and provide membership information to non-member agencies and individuals within their region.
- Encourage training at the regional level.
- Provide a report on their activities to the Vice-President on a quarterly basis.
- Attend and assist the Board of Directors and Host Committee at the Annual Training Conference.
- Provide a report of the status of their region at the designated meeting with the Board of Directors at the Annual Training Conference.
- Conduct a Regional meeting at the Annual Training Conference.
- Submit content for the association newsletter based on a schedule set by the Vice-President
Additional duties as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
Please note that you must attend the annual training conference in August to be considered for this position. If you are interested in becoming the Region 8 Director, please send an email and include a brief summary as to why you would like to serve in this capacity to Lisa McNeal, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Feb. 1, 2018.
We would like to thank Steve for his tremendous efforts over the years on behalf of NIOA. His are immensely large shoes to fill.
National Information Officers Association